The Shariyat ki Sugmad
a***@yahoo.com
2006-02-26 04:38:57 UTC
The Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad. SHAH-ree-aht-kee-SOOG-mahd

The Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad, which means "Way of the Eternal," is the
holy scripture of Eckankar.

These Eckankar scriptures are comprised of twelve volumes in the
spiritual worlds. The first two are said to be transcribed from the
inner planes by Paul Twitchell, modern-day founder of Eckankar.

The living Eck master Harold Klemp revised the Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad.
Mr. Klemp has called the Shariyat the "Bible of Eck."

Before some Eckankar initiations, the Eckankar chela was asked to sign
a vow on their initiation pink slip that he considers the Shariyat ki
Sugmad above all other books in the world.

Harold Klemp fully endorses the contents of the Shariyat ki Sugmad. He
also publically recommends reading it.

Mr. Klemp declared 2003 as the Year of the Shariyat ki Sugmad.

Refer to
ISBN 1-57043-048-9
when requesting the Shariyat ki Sugmad from public libraries or
bookstores.
Sean
2006-02-26 07:34:20 UTC
Post by a***@yahoo.com
The Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad. SHAH-ree-aht-kee-SOOG-mahd
The Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad, which means "Way of the Eternal," is the
holy scripture of Eckankar.
These Eckankar scriptures are comprised of twelve volumes in the
spiritual worlds. The first two are said to be transcribed from the
inner planes by Paul Twitchell, modern-day founder of Eckankar.
The living Eck master Harold Klemp revised the Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad.
Mr. Klemp has called the Shariyat the "Bible of Eck."
Before some Eckankar initiations, the Eckankar chela was asked to sign
a vow on their initiation pink slip that he considers the Shariyat ki
Sugmad above all other books in the world.
Harold Klemp fully endorses the contents of the Shariyat ki Sugmad. He
also publically recommends reading it.
Yes, he does indeed recommend reading the Shariyat. No doubt about that.

Sri Harold also publicly, eg at seminar talks to the public, deliniates the
very substancial difference between written scriptures/texts [both in and
out of Eckankar], and what he specifically refers to as the Secret Doctrine,
or the Inner Teachings of ECK.

Wah Z. WAH zee The spiritual name of Sri Harold Klemp. It means the Secret
Doctrine. It is his name in the spiritual worlds.
http://www.eckankar.org/glossary.html#wahz

Spiritual unfoldment can be accelerated through conscious contact with the
ECK, Divine Spirit. http://www.eckankar.org/beliefs.html

No where on that beliefs page does it state the ECKist should treat the
Shariyat in the same sense that some Christians believe the "Bible" to be
the literal Word of God.

In fact, as was included above > These Eckankar scriptures are comprised of
twelve volumes in the *spiritual worlds*.
http://www.eckankar.org/glossary.html#shariyat

Which seems to me to comprise part of what was referred to previously as the
"secret doctrine".

If that still is not clear enough, then from the "beliefs" page it states:
Spiritual unfoldment can be accelerated through conscious contact with the
ECK, Divine Spirit.

It does NOT say that Spiritual unfoldment is accelerated from reading the
physical volumes I & II of the Shariyat Ki Sugmad, of itself. However, it
may be a finger pointing to the Inner Light of wisdom for some.

That's *some* people, not ALL. Just to be sure I am being clear.

Anyway, as a point of interest, Eckankar offers free books and information
downloads from the website, which may be more useful for people new to
Eckankar than a disertation about the pros and cons of the Shariyat books or
one off quotes out of context and what they may mean.
http://www.eckankar.org/FreeBook/

Make up your own mind what the teachings may offer to you as an individual.

Cheers

PS
Some of the above appears to be taken from
From: (Gunnar)
Newsgroups: soc.religion.eastern
Subject: The downside of eckankar
Date: 30 Aug 1994 15:02:31 -0700

which was reposted by cosmicmisfit in DEC 2000 to a.r.e.

1. Harold revised the Sharyiat-Ki-Sugmad. So we know that today's
Sharyiat, even though authored by Paul, is what the current
"living eck master" calls the "Bible of eck", and before
initiation, at least before the fourth, the student is asked to
sign a vow on the pink slip, that he consider this Sharyiat above
all other books in the world. So Harold fully endorses its contents.
He also publically recommends reading it.

More titilating trifling tidbits of trivia for the technically challenged
Tuza ;-))))
bookstores.
Rich
2006-02-26 21:44:04 UTC
Post by Sean
Post by a***@yahoo.com
[...]
Yet some do. Perhaps they come from a Christian background, so initially
they are comfortable with that? We know that many others study entirely
on there own, never interacting with other Eckists. So the books are
their main source of new concepts, philosophy and images, and thus
naturally are revered for that.

As spiritual awareness grows, many move into realizing that the main
Source rests elsewhere. The interesting thing is how paths may diverge
with that awareness. Some revolt, while others embrace the bigger picture
that they may have missed:

"The ECK writings, including our bible, The Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad, are
very sacred teachings, as sacred as the holy scriptures of any of
the religions of the world. But whatever outer writings you come
across, you'll never find real truth in any of them, not even the
ECK writings."

- Harold Klemp "How the Inner Master Works" pg.5

"What people do not understand is that you cannot find God or a
high state of consciousness or truth by reading a book."

- Harold Klemp "How the Inner Master Works" pg.76

"Nothing written in any book is a perfect reflection of truth.(...)
No teachings and no bibles on earth are perfect. They can never be
so, for this is an imperfect universe. The perfection isn't here,
it is in the worlds beyond, and this is what we are trying to reach."

- Harold Klemp "The Secret Teachings" pg.246

"In my talks at the 1984 World Wide of ECK, I addressed Paul's gift
for recognizing the great truths and putting them into one place for
people to find. It's easy to criticize his gift once we have it.
His mission was to lead seekers from the outer, changeable things to
those spiritual realities of God that are found only on the inner
planes: Sound and Light, Soul and dream travel, etc."

"Only through the inner channels can a person even hope to approach
the ancient wisdoms. The outer works are thus simply a doorway to
the hidden, spiritual things of life."

"Therefore, we recognize the fallibility of outer writings, which do
serve as the best guide available until we can make the inner
connection with the Audible Life Stream."

- Harold Klemp "ASK THE MASTER" Book 2 pg.195

"The outer writings serve only one purpose in their lack of
perfection, since perfection is not in an imperfect world: to show
Soul the inner path of ECK. No one can find the Sound and Light by
memorizing the Shariyat. It can only inspire the individual to
exert himself to meet the Mahanta on the inner planes. This is not
really so difficult, because others are doing it."

- Harold Klemp "ASK THE MASTER" Book 2 pg.197
*spiritual worlds*. http://www.eckankar.org/glossary.html#shariyat
From: (Gunnar)
Newsgroups: soc.religion.eastern
Date: 30 Aug 1994 15:02:31 -0700
Interesting how dis-information is still regurgitated a dozen years and
hundreds of corrections to the misconceptions later.
Post by Sean
which was reposted by cosmicmisfit in DEC 2000 to a.r.e.
1. Harold revised the Sharyiat-Ki-Sugmad. So we know that today's
Sharyiat, even though authored by Paul, is what the current
"living eck master" calls the "Bible of eck", and before
initiation, at least before the fourth, the student is asked to
sign a vow on the pink slip, that he consider this Sharyiat above
all other books in the world.
I've wondered about this. I've heard this over and over in this NG. Yet I
do not recall it, nor do I recall any Eckist ever confirming it. Could
this be another distortion that started with Gunner and is unquestioningly
repeated by ex-Eckist who likewise didn't question their perceptions of
the Eckankar teachings?
Post by Sean
So Harold fully endorses its contents.
He also publically recommends reading it.
More titilating trifling tidbits of trivia for the technically
challenged Tuza ;-))))
Thanks Sean.
` o

~/|
_/ |\
/ | \
-/ | \
_ /____|___\_
(___________/
Rich~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Sailing the CyberSea~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
bookstores.
Sean
2006-02-27 09:56:44 UTC
Hey rich,

wonderful series of quotes there.

and i agree with your commentary. I also have no idea about the signing the
pink slip re the shariyat either. again only ever heard it from detractors.
maybe it was an old practice for HI's in the early 80's or something. Who
knows?

Cheers sean
Brian Fletcher
2006-03-03 05:37:34 UTC
Post by Sean
Hey rich,
wonderful series of quotes there.
and i agree with your commentary. I also have no idea about the signing
the pink slip re the shariyat either. again only ever heard it from
detractors. maybe it was an old practice for HI's in the early 80's or
something. Who knows?
Cheers sean
Certainly not "down under":.

Perhaps it was "up over" hehehe